Monday, March 20, 2017

Round of 32: Upset City

The March Madness Round of 32 was filled with upsets. The defending national champions were knocked off, a seventh ranked team knocked off a second ranked team, and a few Big Ten teams are proving to be serious contenders with theirs wins. 

East 

Eight ranked Wisconsin upset the number one overall all seed Villanova by a score of 65-62. Wisconsin's star guard, Bronson Koenig, sat on the bench a lot of the game due to foul trouble; however, he gave the Badgers a boost in the final minutes of the game to knock off the defending national champions. 

Number two ranked Duke was upset by number seven ranked South Carolina by a score of 88-81. The Gamecocks forced the Blue Devils to commit 18 turnovers which proved to be the deciding factor in the game. This is the first time in program history that South Carolina is in the sweet sixteen. 

West 

The eleventh ranked Xavier Musketeers stomped the third ranked Florida State Seminoles by a score of 91-66. The Musketeers zone defense proved to be too much for the Seminoles. Five Musketeers scored in double figures. 

Midwest 

Number seven ranked Michigan upset number two ranked Louisville by a score of 73-69. The Big Ten Champion Wolverines have been nothing less than spectacular the past few weeks. Led by their exceptional guard, Derrick Walton Jr., Michigan committed only 6 turnovers in their big win. Ever since their plane scare a few weeks ago, the Wolverines have been playing at another level. 

South

There were no upsets in the South region of the bracket. The number one, two, three, and four seeds all advanced to the sweet sixteen (UNC, Kentucky, UCLA, Butler). 

With all of the upsets, my two brackets are not looking very good. However, I chose Kentucky to win it all in one and UCLA to win it all in the other. My predictions for the national championship are still alive. 

H2






3 comments:

  1. I had Villanova as championship winners, so my bracket is busted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Louisville in the Final Four and Duke winning the National Championship so that really hurt my bracket. In my other bracket I had Duke losing to North Carolina in the Championship game but the rest of my Final Four is in tack. (Kansas, Arizona, North Carolina)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Bracket is demolished. I had Duke winning it all.

    ReplyDelete