Wednesday, March 22, 2017

ESPN Dragging Out Cavs Sitting Their Big Three


On Saturday (March 18), head coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, Tyronn Lue, sat his big three against the Los Angeles Clippers to give them some rest. LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love sat the entire game. The Clippers went on to win the game in front of their home crowd 108-78.  

The NBA season is long and brutal. It's not like Lue wanted to lose the game, and I am sure he didn't want to lose by 30 points either. The NBA was not happy with Lue's decision because of the ratings and how many people tuned in to watch a game between two of the top teams in the NBA. 

LeBron made some comments about Lue's decision. Naturally, ESPN jumped all over this. Don't get me wrong, I love ESPN. I am just sick and tired of hearing about what LeBron said and this entire situation about sitting players. Yes, I get it. The NBA is upset with Lue's decision; however, what does Adam Silver expect the Cavs and the 29 other NBA teams to do when their schedules are crammed? It is just one of those things where the NBA can't do much about it, and neither can the teams. Let it go ESPN. I doubt people will remember that on March 18, 2017 Lue sat LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin because they needed rest. 

The only people I feel bad for in this situation are the fans. People pay a lot of money to watch an NBA game, and when they go to see these stars play and they sit, it can be very disappointing. 

Once again, I understand ESPN's job is to report news so I have no problem with them reporting this story. I just feel like sometimes ESPN drags out one story that doesn't even deserve much attention because they can't find anything else to talk about. 

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! 

H2

1 comment:

  1. I think ESPN will talk about anything and blow the smallest things out of proportion. You're blog is better than ESPN.

    ReplyDelete